Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 5

Day 5 started at 6:30 again.And after my 7:00 meeting I was back on the road. Day 5 is always the busiest and longest day of a World Changer project.In the early part of the morning I was seeing to the last minutes need of the work crews. I send a lot of time Fridays running from one site to the other.As a crew runs out of material we will try to use the unused material from the other sites.After about 5 hours it was tine to head to lunch.Friday we had pizza and it was good. Then we got the word that the crews were getting done.For me that meant I was running the unused material back to Metro Roofing.Once all the roofing had been return then it time for the clean up.For a few of the sites there dumpers were full. So I had to go to 2 job sites to clean up.The 1St one was easy.But when I got to the 2Th site there was more trash then I could get in my truck.So i had to get the other runner to help me.We drove to the other site to unload our trucks as we were unloading Kevin and Le Ann to tell us that we were done.It was 6:00 and after 11 hours I was happy to here those words.This year we had 175 volunteers who came from NC. SC. MI. MS. IL. LA. GA. AR. and TN.These crews replace 12 roofs and rebuilt 1 porch.In closing I would like to thank all the volunteers and Kevin and Le Ann Hale and Park Ave Baptist Church our host church.And most of all I would like to say Thank You to God for letting me be a part of this week.

1 comment:

  1. Trey, what a fine account of a very productive week. You are a blessing to World Changers.

    ReplyDelete