Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 5


Day 5 started at 5:45. But my meeting was cut short. You see Friday is always the longest and busiest day of a World Changers project. As the day begin it was my job to see to the last minutes needs of the crews. On Fridays I will spend the early part of the my day running from one site to the other. As the crews run out of material we try to use the left over material from the finished sites. By noon I had already drove 120 miles. That was more then I did on Tuesday and Wednesday combine. I told you I would be busy. But then lunch time came around i was only able to stop for 15 minuets. Because word came some of the crews were starting to finish up. Now my job became to run the unused supplies back to Metro Roofing. This year was a lot of stuff that need it to be return. And I was busy. But after 10 hour of nonstop running came the words I was dying to hear. We were done. I was so happy. I drove over 210 miles on Friday. This year Nashville was bless with over 280 volunteers from Tn, TX, Sc.Ne,Ar,IL,Ms, and Ga. These crews replace 10 roofs and did dry wall work for 4 homes that was flooded. But because these crews so fast they were able to rebuild 1 wheel chair ramp and do flood clean up for 10 other home owners. This was unplanned work that was need it so bad. This year we spent $ 40,000 on supplies.And we provided over $ 130,000 of free labor to Nashville. As i close this post i must say Thank You to all the volunteers who paid $280 to work in Nashville. And to Kevin and Le Ann Hale who work so hard to see that all the job sites done on time, To our host church Park Ave.Baptist Church. To my Friends who prayed and gave me support during this long week. And I would like to say Thank You to GOD for letting me be a part this week.

1 comment:

  1. You are a blessing to this organization and they are lucky to have you and your dedication.

    ReplyDelete