Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Continuous Journey Home



As I continue to try make my way back to the life I once had. On June 12Th I took my latest step. I was able to take part in the C.M.A St Jude 5k road race. This was my 1st 5k road race. Unlike the 5k I did in April, the course for this race was through the streets of downtown Nashville. And it was a much tougher course then I was used to. At 8:00 the gun when off so we head down 3Th ave. Then we turn on James Robertson Parkway and took that thought the Bicentennial Mall. And as we turn on 6Th ave I hit the 1 mile mark. As I moved on down on 6Th ave and turn on Harrison St I had the biggest surprise. My dear friend Trisha Pena was waiting there to cheer me on. I have tell you my eyes were filling with tears as I saw that pretty red head cheering me on. After I left Harrison I when down 5Th Ave and turn on Jackson Ct. From there we when up 4Th ave where Trisha was waiting to cheer me on to the 2mile mark. I was able to hit the 2 mile mark with a time of 33:15. Then we when up Gay St for about 1/2 mile and turn around and when back down to Gay and 3rd. There we made the turn for home. When I crossed the finish line Trisha was waiting for me with a hug and bottle water. And I needed both. Because it was almost 9oF that day. And I'm so proud to say I turn in a time of 50:33. That betters my time from April by all most 4 1/2 min. At this time I would like to say "Thank You" to Trisha not only for the photos and coming out but for all your help. And to you for taking the time to read this post.

1 comment:

  1. As always, Trey, you are exceeding your so-called limits and making all of your friends so proud of you!

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete